Logo

facebook       youtube       Twitter      flicker

 Whats Happening

The BGHS Band Boosters would like to introduce a new program our band is participating in called Scrip.  For more info visit the Scrip website and click on the "What is Scrip" video, see the Scrips Instruction Flyer or read more below.

Hello,

I'm contacting you from the Bowling Green High School Band Boosters, and we would like to introduce a new program our band is participating in called Scrip. Through Scrip, you can buy prepaid gift cards to hundreds of businesses you probably shop at regularly (Meijer, Wal-mart, Starbucks, etc.), and a portion of the value of the gift card is returned to you, to benefit your band student.

Of course, despite the fact we think of these as "gift" cards, you can use them yourself at the locations you shop at most frequently. You can access the full list of retailers working with Scrip at their home page:

https://www.shopwithscrip.com/


Click on "Retailer List" at the bottom of the page.


As you'll notice, different stores offer different rebate amounts. However, no matter what the amount, your student will earn 90% of the rebate, while 10% will go to the band, to help administer the program. (A small amount of each card's value, 0.26%, goes to Ohio tax.)



For example, Starbucks offers a 7% rebate. If you buy $100 in Starbucks gift cards, the rebate would be $7 total. Twenty-six cents (0.26% of $100) goes to Ohio tax, then the remainder of the rebate ($6.74, or $7 - $0.26) is split two ways: 90% ($6.07) would go into your student's account, while the other 10% ($0.67) would go to the band. 
 

You will also see that Scrip sells their cards in several different forms, including physical cards, "ScripNow" (basically an electronic "gift card"), and "Reload," through which you can add value to an already existing card. Cards are purchased through PrestoPay, an electronic payment program similar to PayPal, which you can sign up for when you open your Scrip account.

One primary reason we decided to pursue this program is that some parents involved in the band have had great success with it in other organizations (such as local schools). The board felt that this would be a great opportunity for those able to take advantage of the program to raise money toward the trip that is coming up at the end of the year, as well as for trips and other costs in the future.

Each month, the "deadline" for ordering physical cards will be the first Tuesday of the month; the first order will be April 5th. Any cards ordered by this date will be sent to the high school and distributed at the Band Booster board meeting, April 12th, from 7-9pm. Of course, you can order cards at any time, but they will be shipped and distributed once a month. (Once you have a card, you may "reload" it through Scrip, if the card's retailer offers such a service.)
 
For more information, please see this handout which explains the program and guides you through the enrollment process: 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1EZNMYYkLL1QzhuS0I4NlFLVDg/view

You may also contact me or our band's Scrip coordinator, Bill DenBesten, at bobcatbandsThis email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., with any questions you might have.
 
We hope you take advantage of this new and exciting opportunity!
Sincerely, Rob Sloane
Sophomore representative, BGHS Band Boosters

 Paypal

Donate Now

Without your help we could not provide
items for our students, thank you!

 Kroger

Kroger Community Rewards

Help the BGHS Band by signing up for our
Kroger Fundraising Program!